Five good reasons to visit The Ancient Egypt Site
- This site has been created by an
Egyptologist, with the intention of providing the readers information
about Ancient Egypt that is scientifically justifiable. This
means that although some of the theories provided here may be debatable,
they are founded on scientific research either of the author himself or
of the Egyptological community.
Moreover, the reader will not find any new age theories on this site, nor theories that dwell upon religious convictions of any sort.
- The intended audience is everybody with a keen or passing interest in the history, culture, language, ... of the Ancient Egyptian civilisation regardless of their background or present knowledge.
I have tried to present the information in a readable format, without shunning the more difficult aspects of Egyptological research.
- This site is updated on a regular basis. With each update, more information is added or updated to the constantly evolving views Egyptologists have on Ancient Egypt.
The presentation of the already present information can be modified to make
it more readable and more easily accessible.
- This site does not use Java or ActiveX components, so there is no need to load the Virtual Machine, install additional components and so on.
Java-script is used in all pages, to create interactive maps, tabsheets
and timelines and to distinguish between FireFox and other browser,
in order to improve the readers' experience, regardless of their browser..
The visitor is recommended to allow Java-scripts to be executed.
To improve navigation and interactivity, several pages do, however, require
Flash Player to be installed on the reader's computer, but as many browsers
now include the Flash Player, most readers should not experience any problems
- I do not collect, use, share nor sell any private
information about the people who visit my site. The closest thing would
be the hit-counter, but that doesn't tell me who you are as an individual,
where you are from and what you had for breakfast this morning.
Some technical remarks
- In order to maximise your experience on this site, it
"Ancient Egypt From A To Z"
will not function.
- The layout of this site takes full advantage of layers
and CSS Stylesheets, so you will need a browser capable of handling both.
This will be the case for Netscape Navigator 4 and Internet Explorer
4 or higher. I have tested the layout with Internet Explorer 5.5, 6.0
and 7.0, as well as with Mozilla FireFox 1.0.1.
- For the best results, I recommend a screen resolution
of 1024*768 pixels or higher. Resolutions lower than 800*600
will result in horizontal scrolling.
- Printing the pages may result in your printer locking-up.
This may be due to the fact that this site uses layers and CSS Stylesheets.
As these are an essential part in the layout, I do not see a solution for
- In case some pages do not load and you get the dreaded
"404 - Page not found" error, try refreshing. I have checked all
internal links of this site, so this error should only occur if there are
problems with the server. Should this problem persist however, then please
let me know
the name of the page.
- It is possible that some pages are a bit slow in loading,
particularly when you are using a slow connection. This is usually due to
the images in the page and it is therefore not absolutely necessary to wait
for the entire page to load.
- If AxXHa and AxXHa look
exactly the same, you need to install the transcription font on your computer.
You can download this font by clicking
here. Once downloaded, you need to extract the font from the zip-file.
Installing it will depend on what type of computer you have, so please refer
to the manual of your Operating System to install the font properly.
- If you want to link to this site, add it to your favorites
or bookmarks, please use http://www.ancient-egypt.org/ as the URL